søndag 18. april 2010

Thank you to all who supported me - what happens next?

First, I would like to express my sincere thanks to all of you who supported me in the first round! THANK you for all your support!

In my view, it was a fairly close call. The turn-out was rather disappointing from all, with the possible exception of the faculty. But even here, I think that 72 % votes was not enough in such an important election. I hope that you all see the importance of a higher attendance in the next round from Monday at 12 noon to Wednesday at noon!

I hope that my voters will think carefully about what values they would like to see in the leadership of UMB in the next 3 years. Our more than 150 years of history and the ample opportunities which are ahead needs to be carefully moulded together with the veterinarians to create a novel, innovative and strong university within our disiplines.

When the results are announced on Wednesday, I urge all of us to stand behind the new Rector and give him our support in the coming three years of office. He will be our Rector, regardless of whether we voted for him or not. He will be our Ambassador, have the highest office and we will all benefit from giving him a high standing in society.

May the best candidate win! Happy Election - Godt valg!

Trine Hvoslef-Eide

1 kommentar:

  1. Tusen takk for at du stilte som kandidat og bidro til å gjøre prosessen med rektorvalg bedre og mer interessant for oss velgere.

    SvarSlett